Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! I kept myself busy today doing things I enjoy - I hope you did too! I did all the chores yesterday so I didn't have to do those things today (man, I was exhausted by the end of the day yesterday). Today I went out to breakfast with a high school friend who is always super fun to be with. Next, I made cute cupcakes for my husband.

Of course I used my fabulous vintage Pyrex bowls to make them in. These old Pyrex bowls with the handles are the best!

For the rest of the day I took photos of items to list in my Etsy shop. Aaand when my husband comes home we'll open our Valentine's Day gift that we bough for outselves - a Kinect for our Xbox! Yeah!

I sold a few Valentine's day related items, but my views and sales in my Etsy shop have slowed WAY down. I hope it is just Valentine's day that slowed things down. I seem to be making the same % of sales on eBay, so I'm not sure what happened on Etsy. Who knows! I'll keep plugging along and putting fun things in my shop.

This vintage dino & caveman Valentine is cute and fun! I picked up an envelope full of vintage valentines for free at a garage sale this past summer. I sold it on Etsy late in January.
Here are some of the other valentines from that same batch:

I tried two different methods to try and sell them. The top cards I put in a lot on Etsy. No takers! The ones on the bottom I put up on eBay individually and sold five of them! I think the ones I put on eBay are older (and cooler) than the others though - probably from the 60s, while the others are probably 70s.

I also found this sweet (and tiny!) Strawberry Shortcake book at the Goodwill along with a Halloween book and Thanksgiving book from the same series. Pretty cute! It also sold in late January. Click here for more photos - super cute illustrations!

And finally - I'd have to say that this is my Valentine's day mascot for the year. I love My Little Ponies, and who could resist this So-Soft Heart Throb? :) She is a light pink pegasus with dark pink hair and little pink hearts for her symbols. She is still in my Etsy shop, and I am glad to display her until she finds a permanent home. :)

Wishing everyone a wonderful Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment