Monday, February 13, 2012

Gloomy Day Brightened with Mustard Seed Magic

Today is a very gloomy looking day out. The clouds are thick like a giant gray blanket and I am happy to stay inside and have a warm breakfast. Nothing beats hot oatmeal on cold gloomy days! I like to dress mine up with pecans, raisins and brown sugar. My mom always makes it like this - she says it is like how they have it in the Santabear's First Christmas book. :)
Anyway, I am still on my thrifting hiatus (13 days so far and no shopping!). I do still have things to share from my last thrifting trip in January. In addition to the toys I shared last week, I also purchased a lot of kids books.
There were a number of cool finds in this bunch. Look at all those Sweet Pickles books! How I like their vintage illustrations. I also especially liked the Muppets book of comics (I'd never seen anything like it and enjoyed reading it). I purchased three copies of Bird Bird Follows the Signs since it is a childhood favorite of mine and they were 15 cents each.

I think this 1970s reading textbook, Mustard Seed Magic, is also really cool! What a great way to brighten up a gloomy day. I like that it is mixed with different illustration styles - but all very retro looking styles nonetheless. I have it up for sale in my Etsy shop here: Mustard Seed Magic at ManateesToyBox

If you're interested in hearing about what other people found on their recent thrifting adventures please check out Apron Thrift Girl's Thrift Share Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Pickles books!!!! Oh my word! I haven't seen those in YEARS. We used to have a bunch of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! :) I had Fixed by Camel and Goose Goofs Off when I was a kid. I remember checking other Sweet Pickles books out at the library, but some of these are new to me!

      Delete