Monday, February 6, 2012

Doh! a Deer... a Female Deer

I am a few days into working towards my goal of listing 75% of my unlisted inventory and selling 25% of my total inventory before I can go out and go shopping again. I have made progress, but my problem was quite large, and my goal is quite ambitious so I haven't made substantial progress. I'd say my biggest accomplishment is probably just that I haven't been out shopping yet. I did step into a thrift store - but only to drop off a bag of things to donate!

So far:
Listed/Drafted: 20 items
Sold: 12 items

Part of what inspired this goal was a couple of major shopping trips I made at the end of January and finding a lack of space to store the items. Here are some things that I picked up:
These were all items from a few different thrift stores. I think my best find was the PJ Sparkles doll - if she works. I still haven't tested her yet. Personally I think the finds that I like best were the She-Ra finds (the puzzle & action figure) that I picked up at two different stores. I'm kind of on an action figure kick right now.  I do love the graphics on the Lite-Brite box from the 60s and the Kokeshi doll is quite adorable too (though I know literally nothing about them and it could be a cheap item that is made by the hundreds for all I know).

Earlier that week I also went to an antique store that was having a half-off sale on their basement item stock. I was sucked in. Blah. Even at half off I feel like I paid too much for two of the items. I picked up four things and have already listed three of them in my Etsy shop. The duck planter though... I don't know what to do with. I paid too much for it - and bought it because it looks like an item that my grandma treasured. So I have some sentimental attachment for it. doh.
It is quite pretty though. I love that the feathers look plush and plump like they do on a real duck. The pink, white and dark teal coloring is lovely. I also picked up this blue deer planter. I liked the unusual colors.
It is available for sale here: Shawnee Blue Deer Planter
Another item I purchased was this funny and bright tin. It is just so cheery! I didn't end up buying any toys from the antique store. There just wasn't anything worth buying. So much for buying inventory for "Manatee's TOY box". I guess it isn't so bad to branch out, but I would like to keep my store focused so it isn't so much mish mash.
The tin is up for sale in my Etsy store: A Baby is Love Tin at ManateesToyBox

Linking up with Apron Thrift Girl! If you like to hear about what others found on their thrifting adventures, please check out her Thrift Share Monday!

2 comments: