Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Wrapping up January & Inventory Goals

Here we are at the end of January. It was a good month, and I found lots of great items (too many good items...). Sales in my Etsy shop have been very good in my opinion, and so far sales on eBay are going fairly well. In terms of net profit, January was my 3rd best month so far (Nov 2011 = #1 & Dec 2011 = #2). I sold 53 items on Etsy and 13 items on eBay.

Earlier in the week (maybe Tuesday or Wednesday) I picked up a few items at the little Goodwill in my town:

I also went to Sioux Falls (the closest big city) yesterday to pick up some items I can't get in town. I also took the opportunity to do more thrifting. I came home feeling quite a bit of buyer's remorse. The excitement of finding great things was crushed by the fact that I have too much inventory at home.

I'm a little embarrassed that I keep buying things and haven't been able to keep up with listing what I have. I recently took stock of my unlisted inventory and was overwhelmed by what I found. I have decided to stop buying things until I can get listings drafted for at least 75% of my unlisted inventory and at least 25% of what I have sold. I'm not sure how long that will take me, but I think that is a good solid goal. I'm not sure what to expect from the month of February as far as sales go, so selling 25% of my inventory may take more than a month. D: I don't know if I can go that long without going thrifting... but I am going to try my best. I know it will be a lot more rewarding if I wait until I accomplish my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment