Monday, January 16, 2012

Martin Luther King Jr. Day Thrifting

Yesterday, my husband asked if I wanted to go to Sioux Falls to do some shopping (to use some of the gift cards we had received for Christmas). Luckily I saw a note on ApronThriftGirl about Savers having a 50% off sale on Martin Luther King Jr. Day (http://apronthriftgirl.typepad.com/apron_thrift_girl/2012/01/savers-martin-luther-king-day-sale.html) so I asked if we could wait until Monday to go. He was fine with that, so we left early this morning to do our shopping.

Savers was pretty busy because of the sale, but not super crazy busy thankfully. There were quite a few people pushing around shopping carts that were absolutely FULL. I buzzed around the store fairly quickly - didn't see any good toys available and headed to the front where there were games and books. I found a Springbok puzzle (who knows if all the pieces are there...always a risk) and a Munchkin game (for my husband - he already checked through it and it has all the cards!). I spent quite a while looking through the kids books and picked out lots of good ones! I feel like I took a bit of a risk with the Dungeons & Dragons books since I didn't know anything about them, but they were vintage and pretty neat, so I said what the heck. The 'Deities & Demigods' turned out to be a great find, and the other two not too bad.

We also stopped at another thrift store (which I like even better - it usually has better finds for a lower price) and I picked up a Puffball Popple (super cute), Pound Purry, Lil Miss Singing Mermaid (score!) and two books. They didn't have a special sale like savers, but the prices are still better!
Overall I was very pleased with my finds today! My husband and I also went out for lunch at a fun pizza place called A Taste of the Big Apple. We chose a pizza with Alfredo sauce, chicken and red peppers (yum!).
Then we headed back home. Along the drive I enjoyed watching the rolling hills, the swaying grass, and the farms as we zoomed by them. My husband took some pictures for me (since I was driving):
If you're interested in hearing about what other people found in their thrifting adventures, please check out Apron Thrift Girl's Thrift Share Monday! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment