Monday, January 2, 2012

Holiday Thrifting!

Here we are in 2012 already. :) Over the holidays I did some thrifting with my mom. She was looking for a nice cassette player to give my grandpa for Christmas. He has a CD player, but most of his music is on cassette tapes and he still likes to listen to them. So off we went on a search for a tape player. We went to at least five different stores looking for one that worked and still had a power cord. In the end we were successful, and I picked up a few things along the way to put in my Etsy shop. :)

I was ecstatic to find TWO 1970s Betty Crocker cookbooks - and they were both at the same thrift store! I personally love this cookbook - for the recipes and the good childhood memories I associate with them. Other people also love it so it is a good seller. At the same store I also found a little baggie of 80s bell charms! I have never seen these in person before, but I have seen them online and know they are collectable - score! The MOC Crystar action figure looks interesting too - it is a Remco toy, so basically a knock off item, but still a cool 80s toy.

I also went to a couple thrift stores that had New Years Day sales and picked up a bunch of kids books for 50% off. I like sifting through books, but it can try my patience after awhile, so I only went to two stores. I came home with some tiny Strawberry Shortcake books, a Care Bear book, a few miscellaneous books and a cute 'Emotions' teddy bear that was marked Mattel 1983. I wasn't familiar with these toys when I picked it up, and still need to do some research. Time to go to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment