Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sioux Falls Flea Market & Thrift Stores

Now that I have moved to South Dakota I have to find new places to hunt vintage treasures. I searched out thrift stores and flea markets in Sioux Falls, made myself a list and a map and drove down to the big city (haha - compared to Memphis, Sioux Falls is so small). Anyway, I went to a flea market and found that it really didn't have much of what I was looking for. There was a lot of interesting and nice things, but it wasn't a good venue for a vintage reseller to pick up things to sell online (things were priced what they were worth or higher as far as I could tell - but most of the items were not in my area of specialty, so I am not 100% sure).
I came home with three items from the flea market, 2 Fraggle cars and Princess Jasmine to sit on top of the lonely Rajah tiger I've had for a while (sad, I know...)
After the disappointing (for me) flea market I headed out next to garage sales and thrift stores that I had mapped out. It was pretty easy to navigate Sioux Falls, which was really great, and it seems like a very nice city to me. There was never a time when I had the mantra that I sometimes repeated to myself in Memphis (please don't let my car break down here, please don't let my car break down here) haha.... (sad laugh).

I had a little luck at the garage sales (~10) and lots of luck at the thrift stores (4 shops).
Once again, like on Thursday, I found some My Little Pony accessories (the baby blue rocker, two fences and trough), but no ponies! Strange. I think my favorite find was that Lotsa Leggss bag - so cute! I'm going to have a hard time letting that go (though I'm not sure where I would wear it to lol):
The Spirograph and Strawberry Shortcake games were fun too!


Overall it was a very successful Saturday. I probably won't go to that flea market again (it only happens once a month anyway), but at least I satisfied my curiosity.

As always, I will be putting some of the things I picked up in my Etsy shop. The Spirograph is already listed! Please come and stop in and take a little walk down memory lane.
Manatee's Toy Box on Etsy
Spirograph for sale at Manatee's Toy Box

Also, if you are interested in checking out what other people found on their thrifting adventures, please check out Apron Thrift Girl's Thrift Share Monday!

2 comments:

  1. That Lotsa Legggs bag is adorable. I have a few of those guys...gotta love the little sneakers they wear!

    <3Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Those sneakers ARE adorable. :D

    ReplyDelete