Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend Finds

Last weekend I was working very hard to finish a draft of my thesis to send to my adviser for review - hence no blog last week. My internet was also down which was great... :/

Anyway, this weekend I didn't come across anything Easter related this weekend that begged to come home with me, but I did find some fun things!

On Friday, one of the thrift stores I go to regularly was having a 50% off sale. I picked up a Lady Lovely Locks sleeping bag which I was very excited to find, some collectible glasses, a Holly Hobbie figurine and a number of really awesome "How and Why" books.

I also stopped at a garage sale and picked up a few more books, and a cute little alphabet block bank that is really tarnished. I might try and shine it up a bit. :)


 On Saturday there were very few yard sales going on (perhaps because it was Easter weekend?), but I did come across an estate sale. I really thought I would be leaving empty handed after looking through the tables set up in the garage, but then noticed that the screen door had a sign saying there were more items inside. Yeah! There wasn't much more, but I found some really cute little ceramic squirrels and skunks + a totally awesome Miss Piggy's Aerobique exercise workout album! Hilarious! I listen to a muppet podcast (The MuppetCast) and one of the shows included a song from this record! I never actually thought I would come across one of these. Too bad I have no record player. I'll have to bring it home to my parents house when I visit in May.



Since having my internet fixed I have been busy adding items from my thrifting adventures to my Etsy shop. I haven't figured out the most efficient way to list items yet so it still takes me quite a while to list each item unfortunately. I spend a lot of time researching and pricing each item. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to speed up that process but still get quality results. (Any advice would be much appreciated!)
My etsy shop: Manatees Toy Box

If you are interested in hearing about other people's thrifting and garage sale adventures check out: Apron Thrift Girl's Thrift Share Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Your squirrel and skunk figures are so cute!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I thought so too - especially that little squirrel holding the nut. :)

    ReplyDelete